Nanette has been managing preparation of environmental documents pursuant to CEQA, NEPA, and TRPA regulations for projects in the Tahoe Basin and a variety of other California and Nevada environments for over 25 years. Known for her dedication to projects, clients, and innovative problem-solving, she has a diverse array of experience and expertise, ranging from programmatic/large-scale projects such as statewide regulations, general plans, and area plans to smaller development or infrastructure projects for public and private sector clients. She regularly collaborates with agency staff, engineers, architects, and other members of project teams to address environmental issues during a project’s planning, design, permitting, and construction phases. In addition, she has led the planning and implementation of robust public outreach for a variety of projects. In addition to her technical expertise, Nanette serves as Ascent’s Lake Tahoe office director.
Nanette’s experience includes the following:
- Directed preparation of CEQA/NEPA/TRPA documentation for scores of projects: fire fuel management and wildfire risk mitigation projects, habitat restoration projects, bike trails and other recreation improvements, linear public facilities, energy infrastructure projects, solid waste and recycling facilities, planning documents, mixed-use developments, and more.
- For over 12 years, served as contract manager for state retainer contracts for environmental and biological and cultural resources studies for the California Department of General Services and the California Tahoe Conservancy.
- Managed EIRs and other CEQA documents for several California state agencies, including the Department of Forestry and Fire Protection, Tahoe Conservancy, Department of Resources Recycling and Recovery, Department of Parks and Recreation, Department of Transportation, State Transportation Agency, Natural Resources Agency, and Department of General Services.
- Led environmental studies of renewable energy generation projects, transmission lines, divestiture of assets, and other vegetation management and energy facility upgrade projects for NV Energy, Liberty Utilities, Pacific Gas and Electric, Southern California Edison, and San Diego Gas and Electric.
- Led two major trail feasibility studies—the 30-mile Nevada Stateline-to-Stateline Bikeway for the Tahoe Transportation District and the 250-mile Great Redwood Trail for the California Department of Parks and Recreation, California State Transportation Agency, and California Natural Resources Agency.
- Led AB 939 compliance reporting and provided diversion program planning support to the South Bayside Waste Management Authority’s 10 member jurisdictions for over 20 years.
- Spearheaded and continues to be a curriculum contributor and presenter for Ascent’s monthly Lunch & Learn knowledge-sharing sessions where the fundamentals of CEQA, NEPA, and TRPA environmental review requirements are discussed with agency staff, project proponents, and other environmental professionals who are responsible for preparing or reviewing environmental documents in the Tahoe Basin.
Outside of the office, Nanette spends most of her time with family and their dog, Barry, or enjoying the many recreational amenities that Tahoe offers with friends. She also works behind the scenes to make the Lake Tahoe area more bicycle-friendly.