Does this sound like you?
You’ve always been drawn to numbers; they just make sense to you. You are probably good at Sudoku puzzles and you might even balance your checkbook to the penny each month. You are a team player who is trustworthy, detail-oriented, and accountable. You have a positive attitude and a caring demeanor. You are motivated by the unique opportunities and challenges that arise on a weekly basis and are always eager to assist a team member, project manager, partner, or client. You look for solutions before anyone is aware there is a problem. You have killer organizational skills and are adept at keeping many balls in the air: processing invoices, updating spreadsheets, assisting with month-end, tending to project manager requests, and helping others. You’ve received compliments about your professionalism and ability to learn quickly.
Typical week in the life of an Ascent Senior Project Accountant:
- Work closely with the Controller and key staff to ensure smooth operation of all finance matters.
- Review and understand the terms of prime and consultant contracts associated with assigned projects including FAR/DCAA language, change orders, other contract modifications, per-diem, back-up, and any additional services related to billing.
- Review/run draft invoices for appropriate labor, expense charges, billing rates, fees maximums and make appropriate changes and reclassifications with Project Managers for accuracy and adherence to the project contract and budget.
- Prepare final invoice package for all assigned projects, including all applicable backup.
- Provide accurate and timely invoices to clients per contract terms, monitor accounts receivable, and assist with collection efforts.
- Review budgets spreadsheet for accuracy and projected profit.
- Responds in a timely manner to vendors, consultants, and staff.
- Research any unbilled issues to optimize the billing possibilities for the billing period.
- Make transfers of employee billable hours and/or expenses as requested.
- Assist with maintaining routine GL system maintenance and monthly GL account reconciliation preparation including knowledge and understanding of preparing/recording journal entries and month-end financial closing processes.
- Provide year-end support of auditor requirements, which may include research and reconcilement.
Is this how you’d like to spend your week? If so, please read a bit more about our Senior Project Accountant position:
We are seeking a detail-oriented team player with thorough knowledge and understanding of standard contract terms including FAR/DCAA; and lump sum, milestone, and T&M progress billings and how they are applied in the billing process. The ideal candidate desires full-time employment and has 3 or more years of experience. Knowledge of Deltek Vision software is strongly desired. Candidates should also possess intermediate to advanced computer literacy, including experience in word processing, spreadsheets, and accounting software. The candidate must be able to work independently, take initiative, set priorities, and see projects through to completion, while working as part of a team with multiple tasks, priorities, and deadlines. A Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance or some college courses in accounting or business is strongly preferred.
Ascent offers a supportive, fun, and intellectually challenging workplace environment and excellent benefits. We invest in our employees’ careers and welfare and strive to provide high-quality outcomes for our clients. We offer flexible hours, teamwork participation on important and challenging projects, opportunities to contribute to and join in service events for our local communities, and regular performance recognition.
Please e-mail a letter of interest and your resume to: email@example.com