Does this sound like you?
The notion of word processing, producing, and publishing an EIR, EIS, or other large document does not scare you; to the contrary, you enjoy the challenge and can juggle more than one at a time. You effectively navigate the labyrinth of styles, section breaks, and other advanced features of Microsoft Word and Microsoft suite of programs. You might even dub yourself a “MS Word Geek.” You love helping project managers and other staff meet their deadlines with high-quality, consistent, document processing and production. You are an expert in manipulating documents in Adobe Acrobat, you may have dabbled or have skills to share with InDesign. As a team player, you tackle all aspects of document production from generating a table of contents to fastening the locking teeth on a 2-inch binding comb. Your past success includes working with a diverse team of individuals, conformance with quality assurance practices, project-specific style guides, and standard or project-specific custom templates. You are probably a “keeper of the language,” one to whom proper grammar and punctuation are highly valued. You silently (or not) edit menus, brochures, and signs you encounter in your daily life. Your attitude is positive, and your personality is caring.
Typical week in the life of an Ascent Publishing Specialist:
Ascent is looking for a Publishing Specialist to work in Sacramento. In a typical week you may:
- Process draft sections of a document in preparation for internal review, client review, and/or Section 508 (ADA) compliance.
- Check cited references and acronyms for accuracy and completeness.
- Help project staff members organize responses to comment letters received on a Draft EIR.
- Create new document templates, working with graphics personnel, for plans and other types of presentation documents.
- Work with administrative staff to coordinate shipping and/or delivery of project deliverables.
- Proofread and edit letters, memos, EIR chapters, meeting minutes, or other documents.
- Provide guidance and support to other Ascentians in resolving issues with standard MS Office and Adobe software programs.
- Produce and distribute a project deliverable using standard office machines, such as a high-speed printer, paper folding machine, and binding machine.
- Work with multiple project managers to get their deliverables polished and distributed to the client.
- Receive training and support to advance your career path at Ascent.
- Enjoy social and community service events, and the camaraderie of being an Ascentian.
Is this how you’d like to spend your week? If so, please read a bit more about our Publishing Specialist position:
Please send a resume and cover letter to: email@example.com