Does this sound like you?
You thrive in a collaborative, engaging, and fast-paced environment; even more, you relish the celebration of a win with your team! You feel strongly that RFQs/RFPs are like snowflakes: no two are the same, some fall fast and hard, and some should be allowed to flutter away and land elsewhere. Thankfully, for those you hope to catch, you are proactive, resourceful, and welcome the challenge of testing your multi-tasking skills against deadlines. Page limitations and selection criteria get your creative juices flowing! Your ability to think and plan strategically is matched only by your commitment to fix erroneous spelling and punctuation errors. You feel strongly that visual designs and persuasive graphics can tell a story as effectively as words. And your favorite mug reads “I’m silently correcting you’re your grammar.”
Typical week in the life of an Ascent Marketing Coordinator:
- Interpret RFP requirements and work closely with principals and project managers to prepare responsive submittals, including coordinating, writing, editing, and producing statements of qualifications, proposals, and presentations.
- Stand firm as a guardian of the quality of Ascent marketing materials.
- Coordinate regularly as a member of the marketing team (which includes the marketing principal, marketing manager, senior proposal manager, marketing coordinators, and communications specialist) about the week’s priorities and longer-term goals.
- Gather, format, and maintain accurate, up-to-date firm information, including staff biographies/resumes, project descriptions, statistics, and other information for marketing purposes.
- Brainstorm with your colleagues about the latest trends in marketing environmental services and help define those that apply to Ascent
- Compose and edit narratives for marketing materials using creative and persuasive writing.
- Develop and update proposal and interview templates; ensure template formats are accurately and consistently applied
- Collaborate with the marketing team to create concepts for and help produce promotional pieces
(e.g., brochures, e-blasts, interview presentations)
- Assist and support client managers with tracking and researching pursuit-related information
- Respond to incoming inquiries about marketing opportunities.
- Develop figures/graphics to support proposal submittal and interview material content.
- Plan and coordinate marketing-related events, including conferences.
- Enjoy social times with co-workers at office and team lunches, themed happy hours, Halloween parades, family picnics, and Pi Day Pie Contests.
Is this how you would like to spend your week? If so, please read a bit more about our Marketing Coordinator position:
This is an exciting opportunity for an independent, ambitious marketing coordinator to join our team and contribute to Ascent’s success and growth. We are seeking an experienced marketing coordinator skilled in developing technical proposals and qualifications packages. Qualified candidates will have 3 to 5 years of experience as a marketing professional and an associate or bachelor’s degree in English, communications, journalism, marketing, business administration, environmental science, planning, or related field. The ideal candidate will have strong planning, organizational, and time management skills and be able to work and communicate effectively with diverse internal staff and teaming partners, giving clear, concise directions. Our new team member will be able to work a flexible schedule and incorporate telecommuting, pitching in as needed to meet deadlines, while understanding that the firm values work-life balance and the importance of the whole person. Our marketing coordinator will be comfortable in an environment in which priorities frequently shift, and—even when they do—will maintain attention to detail and high quality standards. Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and a working familiarity with the Adobe Creative Suite, primarily InDesign and Photoshop, are required.
Ascent offers a supportive, fun, and intellectually challenging workplace environment with excellent benefits. We invest in our employees’ careers and welfare and strive to provide high-quality outcomes for our clients. We offer flexible hours, collegial teamwork, participation on important and challenging projects, opportunities to contribute to and join in service events for our local communities, and regular performance recognition. Our offices are located in Sacramento, Lake Tahoe, San Diego, and Oakland.
Ascent provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please e-mail a letter of interest and your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org