Does this sound like you?
You found a way to kick off your environmental consulting or public-sector career a few years ago, even though effects of the Great Recession lingered. Working on important environmental impact analysis, environmental planning, and/or sustainability issues floats your boat. While you’re a people-person, you also love digging into analysis to understand pressures on the environment and what to do about it. Your experience includes CEQA and/or NEPA. If someone calls you an environmental or planning nerd, you say, “Thank you!” In college, your major was environmental studies, geography, urban planning, or one of the natural or physical sciences. Your college and professional colleagues look to you for assistance and advice on environmental topics, preparing papers, or conducting research, and you appreciate the chance to help them. Correct grammar, word choice, well-constructed paragraphs, and clear explanations are important to you. Recently, you’ve had the chance to manage a project or a small team and you enjoyed it. Compliments have come your way about your positive attitude, ability to figure out new challenges, and caring demeanor.
Typical week in the life of an Ascent Environmental Planner:
Ascent is looking for Environmental Planners to work in Sacramento or the Bay Area. In a typical week you may:
- Prepare technical analyses for a variety of interesting and complex, large and small, urban and rural environmental plans and projects
- Support your project team members by brainstorming environmental issues together
- Coordinate closely with your project managers, and help them keep the project well organized and moving forward
- Continue to develop a strong working knowledge of CEQA and NEPA
- Work collaboratively with and receive mentoring from recognized experts in the environmental planning field
- Visit project sites in northern California, the Sierra Nevada, and the Central Valley, and potentially elsewhere in California and the west
- Receive training and support to advance your environmental career
- Enjoy social and community service events, and the camaraderie of being an Ascentian
Is this how you would like to spend your week? If so, please read a bit more about our Environmental Planner position:
We are seeking candidates who enjoy environmental planning and impact analysis and have a BS/MS in planning, environmental studies, geography, natural resources, physical sciences, or related fields, along with about 3 to 5 years of applicable experience. Professional qualifications include CEQA/NEPA compliance, writing and analytical skills, computer skills, and engaging interpersonal skills.
Ascent offers a supportive, fun, and intellectually challenging workplace environment with excellent benefits. We invest in our employees’ careers and welfare and strive to provide high-quality outcomes for our clients. We offer flexible hours, collegial teamwork, participation on important and challenging projects, opportunities to contribute to and join in service events for our local communities, and regular performance recognition.
Please e-mail a letter of interest and your resume to: email@example.com