Does this describe you?
You found a way to kick off your environmental consulting or public-sector career a few years ago. Working on important environmental impact analysis, environmental planning, and/or sustainability issues floats your boat. While you’re a people-person, you also love digging into analysis to understand pressures on the environment and what to do about it. Your experience includes CEQA and/or NEPA. If someone calls you an environmental or planning nerd, you say, “Thank you!” In college, your major was environmental studies, geography, urban planning, or one of the natural or physical sciences.
A typical week in the life of an Ascent Environmental Planner:
If you worked at Ascent Environmental, this week you might:
- Prepare technical analyses for a variety of interesting and complex, large and small, urban and rural environmental plans and projects. Your projects include some of the most important in California.
- Support your project team members by brainstorming environmental issues together.
- Coordinate closely with your project managers and help them keep the project well organized and moving forward.
- Continue to develop a strong working knowledge of CEQA and NEPA.
- Work collaboratively with and receive mentoring from recognized experts in the environmental planning field.
Here are some other things you may do:
- Visit project sites throughout California, including the Sierra Nevada, and the Central Valley.
- Receiving training and support to advance your environmental career.
- Enjoy social and community service events, and the camaraderie of being an Ascentian.
If you're interested, here is a bit more:
We are always looking for a candidate who enjoys environmental planning and impact analysis and has a BS/MS in planning, environmental studies, geography, natural resources, physical sciences, or related fields, along with about 2 to 5 years of applicable experience. Professional qualifications include CEQA/NEPA compliance, writing and analytical skills, computer skills (e.g., Office 365, Adobe Acrobat, Vision, etc.), and engaging interpersonal skills. Ascent offers excellent benefits and a supportive, fun, intellectually- challenging, and career-growing environment.
Please e-mail a letter of interest and your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ascent provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.