Are you a CEQA transportation nerd?
You speak Synchro and travel demand modeling and enjoy translating complex transportation analyses to laypeople and decisionmakers. You excel at Excel. You’d wear a t-shirt that reads, “I am Multimodal.” You think cars, bikes, peds, and buses can all get along. In college, your major was transportation planning, traffic engineering, urban planning, environmental policy, or a related field. You can readily explain TOD, TIA, VMT, EIR, and CEQA to your non-transportation friends. Brainstorming how to address a recent court decision is fun. Correct grammar, word choice, well-constructed paragraphs, and clear explanations are important to you. You’re curious, caring, collegial, collaborative, career-oriented, and committed to quality.
What working at Ascent would be like:
- Prepare the transportation sections of IS/MNDs and EIRs (and occasional NEPA documents) based on technical transportation impact analysis reports for a wide variety of projects throughout California
- Coordinate with transportation planning/traffic engineering subconsultants about the type of transportation analysis needed to support a CEQA or NEPA document.
- Collaboratively tackle a broad range of environmental planning issues, including leading-edge thinking, with project managers, principals, and other resource specialists.
- Work closely with project managers and help them keep the transportation aspects of a project well organized and moving forward.
- Work collaboratively with and receive mentoring from recognized experts in the environmental planning field.
- Discuss project impact, mitigation, and planning ideas with recognized leaders in transportation, land use planning, and CEQA.
- Enjoy social times with co-workers at group lunches, themed events, the annual Halloween parade, and Pi Day Pie Contests.
If this could be a fit for you, please read a bit more about our CEQA Transportation Planner position:
We are looking for a candidate who can prepare transportation sections for IS/MNDs and EIRs based on complex transportation impact analysis reports. We seek someone who can intelligently discuss traffic models with subconsultant traffic engineers and is familiar with the Trip Generation Manual published by the Institute of Transportation Engineers. A strong candidate has a BS or MS in transportation planning, urban planning, environmental policy, or another transportation-related field, along with 2–5 years of applicable experience. Professional qualifications include CEQA/NEPA compliance, writing and analytical skills, spreadsheet proficiency, and engaging interpersonal skills. The successful candidate will be hard working, conscientious, interpersonally skilled, and team-oriented. Experience addressing noise, air quality, and other CEQA resource topics is a plus.
Ascent offers a supportive, fun, and intellectually challenging workplace environment and excellent benefits. We invest in our employees’ careers and welfare and strive to provide high-quality outcomes for our clients. We offer flexible hours, teamwork participation on important and challenging projects, opportunities to contribute to and join in service events for our local communities, and regular performance recognition.
Please e-mail a letter of interest and your resume to: email@example.com