Are you an air quality/GHG/climate change nerd?
When people talk about CAPs, you ask whether they are discussing criteria air pollutants or climate action plans. You have a t-shirt that reads, “Question CalEEMod.” You excel at Excel. Brainstorming how to address post-2020 GHG goals, targets, and thresholds at company events is still fun, even virtually. You can perform complex calculations and clearly write the story about the results. You have looked up your place of residence on Cal-Adapt. When someone says Newhall or Friant you know what they are referring to. You can readily explain TAC, CAAQS, AQMD, CARB, GHG, BAU, CEQA, EIR, MND, and IPCC to your non-air quality/climate change friends. You know why AB 32 and all the SBs (e.g., 32, 97, 375, and 379) are important. Owning the responsibility for small, medium and large, complex projects is in your comfort zone, including quality assurance, client management, schedule and budget management, and team coordination. Your past success also includes business development, proposal writing, and networking with prospective clients. Your attitude is positive and you are curious, caring, collegial, collaborative, career-oriented, and committed to quality.
What working at Ascent would be like…
Ascent is seeking an Air Quality/Climate Change Project Manager to join our environmental practice based in San Diego. You will be working as part of the Air Quality/GHG/Climate Change services team to:
- Prepare interesting and complex environmental, climate change, and regulatory analyses for a wide variety of projects throughout California
- Team up with assistant managers, principals, and air quality/GHG/climate change colleagues on all your projects
- Discuss project impact, mitigation, and climate action planning ideas with recognized statewide leaders in air quality, climate change, and CEQA/NEPA
- Work for clients like major regional air districts, cities and counties, metropolitan planning organizations, the California Air Resources Board, and Attorney General’s Office
- Prepare GHG inventories and forecasts and quantify GHG reduction measures
- Run models and author analytical sections of CEQA/NEPA documents
- Research the latest climate data downscaling methods
- Friends with CalEEMod, Cal-Adapt, and HARP
- Team tackle a broad range of air quality and climate issues, including leading-edge thinking
- Figure out the best method to account for changes in carbon sequestration
- Enjoy social times with co-workers at company events, in-person when appropriate, and virtually to stay connected
If this work could be a fit for you, please read a bit more about our air quality/GHG/climate change specialist position:
Ascent offers a supportive, fun, and intellectually challenging workplace environment with excellent benefits. We invest in our employees’ careers and welfare and strive to provide high-quality outcomes for our clients. We offer flexible hours, collegial teamwork, participation in important and challenging projects, opportunities to contribute to and join in community service events, and regular performance recognition.
Please e-mail a letter of interest and your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ascent provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.