Does this sounds like you?
You thrive in a collaborative, engaging, and fast-paced environment; even more, you relish the celebration of a win with your team! You feel strongly that RFQs/RFPs are like snowflakes: no two are the same, some fall fast and hard, and some should be allowed to flutter away and land elsewhere. Thankfully, for those you hope to catch, you are proactive, resourceful, and welcome the challenge of testing your multitasking skills against competing deadlines. Page limitations and selection criteria get your creative juices flowing. Your ability to think and plan strategically is matched only by your commitment to fix spelling and punctuation errors. You feel strongly that visual designs and persuasive graphics can tell a story as effectively as words; a background that includes work with landscape architects or architects may help you tell that graphic story. And your favorite mug reads “I’m silently correcting you’re your grammar.”
A typical week in the life of an Ascent Administrative Assistant:
Ascent is looking for an Administrative Assistant to work in the San Diego office. In a typical week you may:
- open and close the reception area of the office daily
- greet guests and provide them with superb customer service
- ensure the front desk is neat, presentable, and equipped with all the necessary supplies
- answer basic client questions and incoming calls, and redirect phone calls to the appropriate department/staff.
- accept and distribute all letters and packages
- order and track office equipment and supplies (including parking validation and snacks)
- set up beverages and order catering for meetings and office events
- keep the shared spaces in the office (e.g., conference rooms, kitchen, storage, mail station) organized and clean
- submit parking and facilities requests to property management and be the main advocate for the company with property management
- assist in planning and execution of office picnic and other staff appreciation events
- arrange for the shipment of document deliverables and other packages via USPS, FedEx, UPS, or courier service
- work closely with the Sacramento office administrator in providing consistent administrative support to staff companywide
- research and book travel companywide
- assist with administrative tasks companywide
- assist with virtual meetings companywide
- receive training and support to advance your career path at Ascent
- enjoy social and community service events, and the camaraderie of being an Ascentian
Is this how you’d like to spend your week? If so, please read a bit more about our Administrative Assistant position:
We are seeking an organized multi-tasker and team-player who enjoys providing administrative support and general office assistance. The ideal candidate desires full-time employment with one (1) or more years of proven experience in a similar role and is proficient with the Microsoft Office software suite. Professional qualifications and attributes include enthusiasm, a friendly smile, knowledge of general office systems and procedures, intermediate to advanced computer skills, engaging interpersonal skills, and willingness to learn.
Ascent offers a supportive, fun, and intellectually challenging workplace environment and excellent benefits. We invest in our employees’ careers and welfare. We offer flexible hours, important and challenging projects, opportunities to participate in service events that give back to our local communities, and regular performance recognition. Please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please e-mail a letter of interest and your resume to: email@example.com
Ascent provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.