Does this sound like you?
You’ve always been drawn to numbers; they just make sense to you. You are probably good at Sudoku puzzles and you might even balance your checkbook to the penny each month. You are a team player who is trustworthy, detail-oriented, and accountable. You have a positive attitude and a caring demeanor. You are motivated by the unique opportunities and challenges that arise on a weekly basis and are always eager to assist a team member, project manager, partner, or client. You look for solutions before anyone is aware there is a problem. You have killer organizational skills and are adept at keeping many balls in the air: processing vendor invoices, processing corporate credit expenditures and employee expense reports, updating spreadsheets, assisting with month-end units, tending to project manager and vendor requests, and helping others. You’ve received compliments about your professionalism and ability to learn quickly.
Typical week in the life of an Ascent Accounts Payable/Contracts Assistant:
- Work closely with the Controller, key staff, and vendors to ensure smooth operation of all finance matters.
- Meet as a group with the finance team to discuss issues and priorities.
- Review vendor and subconsultant invoices for appropriate labor and expense charges and billing rates prior to approval or revision requests.
- Process and review company credit card statements and secure receipts for company expenses.
- Review, approve, or request revisions to employee expense reports.
- Review and understand the payment and invoicing requirements of prime and subconsultant contracts including experience with properly documenting expenses in accordance with FAR/DCAA, change orders, per-diem, and back-up documentation.
- Assist with subcontract agreements, change orders, and other contract modifications and approvals
- Work with project managers to make appropriate expense-related changes to ensure accuracy and adherence to the project contract and budget.
- Enter invoices accurately from clients or vendors per contract terms and assist with collection efforts.
- Assist with routine GL system maintenance and monthly GL account reconciliation.
- Provide year-end support of auditor requirements, which may include research and reconcilement.
- Participate in training sessions and workshops designed to improve your knowledge and enhance your career.
- Enjoy social and community service events, and the camaraderie of being an Ascentian.
Is this how you’d like to spend your week? If so, please read a bit more about our Accounts Payable position:
We are seeking a detail-oriented team player with thorough knowledge and understanding of accounts payable. The ideal candidate desires full-time employment and has 2 or more years of experience. Proficiency with Deltek Vision software is desired. Candidates should also possess intermediate to advanced computer literacy, including experience in word processing, spreadsheets, and accounting software. The candidate must be able to work independently, take initiative, set priorities, and see projects through to completion, while working as part of a team with multiple tasks, priorities, and deadlines.
Ascent offers a supportive, fun, and intellectually challenging workplace environment with excellent benefits. We invest in our employees’ careers and welfare and strive to provide high-quality outcomes for our clients. We offer flexible hours, collegial teamwork, participation on important and challenging projects, opportunities to contribute to and join in service events for our local communities, and regular performance recognition. Our offices are located in Sacramento, Lake Tahoe, San Diego, and Oakland.
Ascent provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please e-mail a letter of interest and your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org